As many of you are aware, Spreading the Good News has proudly sponsored Pastor Timothy in Uganda through seminary school the past few years. He proudly graduated last year and we received the following letter from him. Please include him and his new ministry in your prayers. If you would like to donate to help his ministry, please see our donation page and be sure to designate it is for Word and Spirit Seminary.
WORD AND SPIRIT SEMINARY/ CHILD CARE CENTRE.
Dear friends, brothers and sisters,
We give God the glory for what He is doing in our generation. His will has to be done for His own praise. He has empowered us to empower others the Timothy 2:2 principles.
The three years training I under went in Westminster was my preparatory ground to influence other ministers with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 0ne thing I know is that a fighter will always see himself victorious before the fight even begins. Having a winning attitude helps the challenge worth fighting for.
After serving God for the last twenty years with various net works in establishing the work of the gospel, I have seen the need of addressing the crisis of training pastors and church leaders (workers) more so in rural communities. The zeal to fulfill this compelled me to apply for training and in God’s providence I have been training for the last three years (B A in Theology).
Special thanks goes to the friends in the west Rev. Garland, family and the team of (Spreading the Good News) who stood with me both financially and prayerfully to have this vision come to pass.
There is real need to have the pastors trained to equip them for the work of ministry. 98.9% of the pastors in the rural churches have not had any intensive training not even on certificate level. What we can call formal training to help them in leadership skills and this has made the church to remain narrow in Africa and given room to heretical teachings.
Having this truth about the church after the training I feel compelled to establish at least one leaders training centre. We trust God to fulfill this dream of empowering fellow leaders to work in the vineyard competently by the help of the Holy Spirit. When we have the leaders and youth empowered, we will have real multiplication-Making disciples that make disciples and planting churches that plant churches.
For God’s glory word and spirit seminary /Care centre exists to make a multiplication by equipping church leaders and the children to impact Uganda, East Africa, Africa and the whole world with God centered, Gospel –driven, Grace saturated and Christ exalting churches which are truly reformed.
To accomplish our mission, we will have both adults and children trained and empowered with church leadership and discipleship skills.
Building relationships: As I have loved you so you must love one another [John 13:34]. Serve one another in love [Galatians 5:13-18].Love one another from a pure heart, a good conscience and a sincere faith [1 Tim1:5]
This love affects the world and builds up relationships even with unbelievers. Body life affects world life.
Word and spirit seminary / children’s care centre Have a desire to spread a passion for God’s glory by training pastors, preachers , church planters, Evangelists, Biblical counselors and church workers who will be used by the Holy Spirit working alongside the word of God to the African church and then to the whole world. In doing this we will have to prepare men and women to articulate, promote and protect the gospel and God’s gracious salvation.
- We are remain a Bible-teaching, Bible –soaked and Bible guided centre principled by [Matt4:4, 2 Tim 3:16-17, 4:1-5].
- Keeping in mind that [Go and make disciples is a command to multiplication. And this happens when the gospel is a reality to us who profess Christianity which determines our effectiveness in sharing it with others.
- To nature a maturing and committed church leadership that contends to the faith at all times.
- To produce church leaders who will demonstrate Christ authentic love for His people through the preaching of God’s Word ,Mercy ministry and appropriate people’s true value [John 11:5,33-36].This involves a deeper feeling of plight of the suffering suffering saints of Christ still lost in the world whose sorrows need to be attended to[ Matt 20:34, Mark 6:34].
- Alongside this we would like to have a children’s care centre using the covenant strategy for church growth.
- To disciple the children along side Christian Education combined with biblical truth and compelling relationship’s that will help fortify our covenant children against the on sleight of an anti Christ culture making sure that Yahweh is their passion if we are going to claim the children and conquer them for His glory.
- Moses knew the secret that no moral code would empower those people and their children to live in God’s presence, but it was God’s presence that would empower them to practice biblical morality, faithfully as they lived in God’s presence, their character would be transformed to reflect His character in them.
- To conduct Christ centered Biblical based worship services at the center that promotes a joyous adoration of God and a relevant response to His presence.
- To importantly train soul winners and servants who will not make converts but disciples for our master who will be and always look forward to reproduce their Christ like nature in others.
- The wonder that transcends this earthly realm is that when we train His people in the word, we participate with His Spirit to accomplish His purpose.
- I am convinced beyond doubt that there is real need to equip and empower others in the whole truth so that these leaders including the children in the care centre even when we die, they continue with the work we are all called for.
- As ministers of the kingdom it should always be in our hearts that we have been empowered with the truth, what we have heard and known, what our fore fathers have told us, we will not hide them from our children we will teach them to our children so that the next generation will call. Our covenant is progressive in counting to define the way we maintain our reconciled relationship with God.
- It’s our major role to maintain nature and cultivate a community life that will be a compelling evidence of our adoption to those around us and this can be seen at the children’s care centre.
- In critically examining why word and spirit seminary and children’s care centre, We do not hastate to look at what the apostle Peter told the people at Pentecost that the promise of the Holy Spirit was for them and their children and for all who are far off for all whom the Lord God will call. When we share our gifts and grace with one another, this will keep our Holy fellowship to the generations after us.
- We exist to mobilize people of all ages. Knowing that the scope of Word and Spirit seminary and care center is for all nations as provided for in the great commission. [Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8]
- We would love you to join us and also mobilize the rest of God’s covenant children in lifting the above vision up daily before the throne of our heavenly father. Scripture commands us to pray without ceasing 1 Thess 5:17 while reflecting on this verse, C.H. Spargeon said in his preaching on March 10th-1872 that the command is as sweet and precious permit to the believers to pour out their hearts at all times before the Lord.
- Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in times of need Heb 4:16.
Yours in service for Him.
Ronald Iduuli. Timothy